Our church is looking to hire a children’s education coordinator and a young adult coordinator.
For more details, keep reading:
Young Adult Coordinator
Christ created the church to be a fellowship where people support and encourage one another as they grow in faith. We are called to journey with our younger generations as they explore their relationship with God and with one another in the midst of a hectic and troubled world.
Young adults are not only the church of the future, but also the church of the present. We value the eagerness, fresh ideas for understanding the gospel message, and the vitality that they bring to the church.
Queen Anne UMC is seeking a Young Adult Coordinator to assess the needs of our YA population, set goals for our YA ministry and to evaluate the effectiveness of our ministries and programs.
Young Adult Position Responsibilities
• Further the mission of QAUMC through the development and implementation of projects and programs targeted toward young adults
• Maintain YA e-mail list and coordinate with Pastor on follow-up YA visits
• Develop a YA calendar of activities and a communication plan
• Increase and improve our congregational care, particularly with our YA members and guests
• Improve visibility of YA perspective in the life of the church
• Oversee church marketing and promotions for YA ministry programs
• Work with Pastor to innovate and implement long-term program development for YA’s
• Attend regular staff meetings and participate in worship planning
• Provide monthly update on activities to Leadership Team
Essential Skills Required
• cordial and professional conduct and excellent interpersonal skills
• commitment to good interpersonal relationships, teamwork and support of church ministries.
• excellent verbal and written skills
• strong organizational skills and follow through
• computer knowledge in Word and Excel minimum
• required knowledge to maintain and update the church website
• understanding of social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Flickr etc.
• confidence in multi-tasking and handling church office traffic
Evaluation and Compensation
This individual works directly under the Pastor and SPR Chair with the support of the QAUMC Leadership Team. This is a paid position. A performance evaluation and compensation plan will be reviewed annually.
For further information, contact Janet_winchell@yahoo.com or email@example.com
Children’s Education Coordinator Position
Queen Anne UMC is looking for a Children’s Education Coordinator to model the love of Jesus Christ; nurturing all children who come into our care, training them in the way of Christian discipleship; encouraging their spiritual, educational and relational development.
Children are a blessing and the spiritual development of children is important to the Queen Anne UMC congregation.
• Coordinator will have direct responsibility for Children’s Church, including curriculum and supplies
• Develop and/or procure Sunday School curriculum that is spiritually appropriate and engaging
• Create and maintain a calendar of events and communicate regularly with teachers and parents
• Track attendance records and proactively encourage regular attendance among parents and children
• Prepare classrooms, materials, and lessons for weekly and special classes
• Collaborate with Pastor and Leadership Team on planning of curriculum, lessons and activities
• Conduct regular assessment of program to ensure children are program goals are being met
• Provide monthly update to Leadership Team
Essential Skills Required
• Must be a Christian who professes Jesus Christ through their actions and lifestyle
• Must love and relate well with all children
• Possess a knowledge of child development, including children with special needs
• Possess excellent communication and creative relational skills using appropriate mediums
• Must possess excellent verbal and written skills
• Computer literate
• Possess strong organizational and administrative skills
• Flexibility to a variety of changing events, schedules, and priorities
• Able to recruit, train, inspire, and encourage teachers, volunteers, and parents
Education and Experience:
• Undergraduate degree is a plus
• Must follow policies and procedures in accordance with QAUMC Safe Church policy
• Must submit to and pass background screening, potentially including criminal and drug testing
For further information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com